Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Revelation 15 (NIV)

Summary:

Seven Angels With Seven Plagues
Verses 1-8

John saw another great sign: 7 angels with the 7 last plagues, which will complete God's wrath.  He saw a sea of glass mixed with fire, and next to it stood the victorious over the beast, his image, and the number of his name.  They were given harps by God, and they sang the song of God's servant Moses and of the Lamb.

"Great and marvelous are your deeds,
Lord God Almighty.
Just and true are your ways,
King of the ages.
Who will not fear you, O Lord,
and bring glory to your name?
For you alone are holy.
All nations will come
and worship before you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed."
(Verses 3b-4)

John saw the tabernacle of the Testimony, that is, the temple in heaven, opened.  The 7 angels came out, dressed in clean, shining linen, with golden sashes around their chests.  One of the 4 living creatures gave them the 7 bowls filled with the wrath of God, the One who lives forever.  The temple was filled with the smoke of God's glory and power.  No one could enter the temple until the 7 plagues were completed.

Lori's Thoughts:

I had been wondering if we'd be in heaven before the last trumpet was sounded.  The answer is no.  We will need to endure while the devil acts out his false reign.  Those of us that endure will get to stand next to a sea of glass and fire.  I wonder if it symbolizes purity and tribulation.  That is, we will go through fire, metaphorically, but come out untainted, by God's grace.  I keep thinking about Swarovski - the elegantly crafted glass figurines.  They're beautiful.  They had to get heated and molded first.  That's what God does with us - molds us into beautiful creatures.

I read the song of Moses and of the Lamb with human eyes, at first.  I thought the song was antiquated.  I read it again with the Spirit, and I see that it is a beautiful exaltation of our great God.  He deserves so much more than what I have to offer.  But, He wants me, anyway.

I think we will have to witness God's final punishment.  I know it won't be pleasant.  At that point, we will have done everything to bring people to Christ.  Those that choose to reject Him must be destroyed.  They don't want to spend eternity with Him.  This makes me sad.  God is love.  Who doesn't want to be loved?  I don't think there's an answer to this, right now.

I wonder if the temple is the gateway to heaven.  I look forward to walking through it.  No more sorrow or pain.  Rest from this weary land.  Sounds really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment